What is HGH?
HGH stands for human growth hormone, it is a naturally occurring peptide hormone that is produced by the pituitary gland. This hormone is known to affect growth, cell regeneration, and reproduction. It helps to maintain, repair, and build healthy tissues in the brain and other body organs. It also helps in regulating body composition, muscle and bone growth, body fluids, sugar and fat metabolism, and heart functioning. The HGH plays an essential role in human development.
But the levels of HGH decrease with the growing age. That’s why many people start using HGH supplements to increase the levels of HGH. HGH is used for the production of specific drugs too. With the approval of the FDA, many pharma companies have been using HGH for treating some of the medical conditions and HGH is preferably an active ingredient in most of the products.
It should be kept in mind that HGH should not be taken without a prescription by a doctor. According to an article in laweekly, strict rules and charges will be placed against the physicians for selling the HGH supplements to the patients without proper prescriptions. And the client can also be taken down on charges for not following the rules.
Uses of HGH
The HGH is used for treating medical conditions, some of the medical conditions are enlisted below:
- Turner’s syndrome, it’s a type of genetic disorder that affects the development of girls
- Chronic kidney diseases
- Muscle wasting disease that is associated with HIV/AIDS
- Prader-Willi syndrome, this medical condition is not so common, it causes poor muscle tone, constant feeling of hunger, and low level of sex hormones
- Short bowel syndrome, in this condition, due to surgical removal or severe interstitial disease the person’s intestine is unable to absorb the nutrients properly.
- To improve the athletic abilities, HGH enhances the performance by building the muscles, but the use of HGH is not approved by the FDA
- As an anti-aging agent
HGH as an anti-aging product
The high HGH levels can reverse aging as per the anti-aging experts. The body deterioration can be decreased or the rate of deterioration is slowed down due to the hormones. But the claims have still unproven and the use of HGH for anti-aging is still not approved by the FDA.
Natural human growth hormone
HGH has many benefits associated with it, that’s the main reason why people are buying more and more HGH supplements. But it’s better to avoid the artificial or synthesized HGH as the body can produce its natural HGH. The natural human growth hormone is far better and effective than the synthesized. According to an article in laweekly, there are various methods by which we can increase the HGH levels naturally, some of them are enlisted below:
- Reduction of sugar intake
- Exercising at high intensity
- Taking sports drinks during or after the workouts
- Losing the body fat
- Taking GABA supplements
- Ignoring eating a lot before bedtime